From Losing to Winning
The president of the company had successfully built a $50 million business. He was instrumental in attracting new business… until his presentation got stale.
The critical stage in closing a new deals was his presentation to the selection committee. His written proposals were strong enough to get him to the presentation stage…
But something started going wrong at the presentations.
A $10 million project was on the line. He called George Torok for help. After an intensive three days of presentation coaching, the president travelled to the meeting.
At the end of the fourth day, the president called to announce, “George, we got the deal!”
PS: The project went so well that it blossomed into $17 million.
PPS: That company continued to ask for help with their presentation as their successful contracts grew to $20 million and more.
“We have contracted the services George offers on multiple occasions. We have found George to be excellent in assisting us in focusing our message and delivering a knockout presentation. I truly believe George has been very instrumental in us landing some very large projects.”
Elliot Kohn, COO, Kubic
What challenges has George helped clients address?
New York Presentation
• A successful CEO transform his New York trade show presentation to super star status within his industry.
Public Company CFO
• The CFO, in a public company who was forced to present in a formal and structured environment, deliver her financial reports with more relevance, rapport and confidence.
• A quiet entrepreneur and owner of three thriving businesses volunteer and successfully deliver inspiring talks to youth in his community.
• The new and self-conscious CEO of a charitable foundation present herself to her board and benefactors with more confidence and success.
Health Care Executive
• The rising-star healthcare executive eliminate the annoying distractions from her presentations to deliver more focused, refreshing and effective presentations.
Family Business Leader
• A second-generation company CEO feel and project more confidence when speaking to staff and clients.
• A company founder break-out of a deal-losing slump to start consistently winning multi-million-dollar contracts.
• A forensic specialist deliver his gut wrenching message about the warning signs of child abuse in a more constructive and humane way.
• Several business leaders confidently take on leadership roles – and the required public speaking duties within their trade and industry associations.
Reluctant Public Speaker
• A successful entrepreneur manage the unfamiliar and unwanted public speaking duties of his appointment to public office.
The success of a business is based on how you contribute to the success of your clients. What have my clients said?
I would say a couple of things that we focused on with me was being able to get my point across with less words, improve my flow, improve my presentation skills to a higher level specifically C suite type of presentations. I would also say my analytical skills improved along with my listening skills to understand better.Dave Dessureault CSCMP(CPP), CIM, Director Corporate Services, Niagara Parks Commission
The FOCUS Leadership Team engaged George to help us tune the presentation of our Strategy Execution Round Table, our premier marketing event and he did an extraordinary job.
Giving feedback to professional, seasoned facilitators has its own challenges which George handled masterfully. George uses the right balance of candour with positive reinforcement. He took time to get to know us and our business to make sure that his feedback and guidance was relevant. A great investment!Fred Pidsadny, President, Focus Management
Your coaching proved to be an effective “just-in-time” learning for me. During our session you were able to observe my communication style and presentation format and provide me with targeted strategies that I could easily apply.
I have found that my approach to presentations has become more effective and productive! I am using the digital voice recorder to provide me with feedback as you had recommended. I am amazed at the effect that one coaching session has had.Bianca Stern, Director Occupational Therapy. Baycrest Centre
George Torok is the best public speaking and presentation coach I have ever experienced for three reasons:
1. His first-hand knowledge goes deep with his 25 years of successful experienceJohn Wilson, Founder & CEO, CEO Global Network
2. His ability to give timely and honest, candid feedback
3. He really cares about you and sincerely wants you to get better